VACATURE AXA XL: Underwriting Assistant Casualty
Wij zijn een marktleidende, wereldwijde (her)verzekeraar. Met een innovatieve aanpak voor het oplossen van complexe risico's hebben wij de kennis en ervaring. En we zijn op zoek naar meer. AXA XL, de P&C en Specialty Risk divisie van AXA, staat bekend om het oplossen van complexe risico's. Wij bieden niet alleen (her)verzekeringen aan, wij vinden ze opnieuw uit. Hoe? Door een sterk en efficiënt kapitaalplatform te combineren met data-gedreven inzichten, toonaangevende technologie en het beste talent in een flexibele en inclusieve werkomgeving, die in staat is om de beste klantenservice te bieden. Voor het AXA XL Benelux team te Amsterdam zijn we opzoek naar een Underwriting Assistant Casualty.
Underwriting Assistant CasualtyWe are now looking for a qualified full time Underwriting Assistant (UW A) for our Benelux team. As a member of the AXA XL Team, the UW A will be accountable for supporting the Underwriters for business written in the Benelux in the quotation, binding and implementation process and servicing the clients’ needs. The UW A plays an important part in providing and maintaining clients with a service that supports the positive image of the AXA XL Insurance brand. He/she will have direct contact with brokers, re-insurers and co-insurers, ensuring that the administrative processes are running as efficiently and at the highest quality possible.
In addition, he/she will be responsible for assisting the Underwriters in the day to day management of the portfolio including possible defined/limited UW authority of a book of business in the future.
An important part of the job is to provide efficient and high quality policy administration services for the UW division.
The UA will support the whole underwriting process and liaise with other functions (e.g. claims, accounting, reinsurance, co-insurance, risk engineering, AXA XL Insurance network) to ensure highest servicing quality.
Effective communication with the AXA XL Insurance network is an important feature of the role.
DISCOVER your opportunity
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- Providing support to Casualty Underwriters (local or international) and ensure that the administrative processes for the end to end policy lifecycle are run efficiently and at a high quality to serve internal and external clients
- Responsible for the implementation of insurance solutions and correspond with brokers and customers as well as with AXA XL - and worldwide network partners
- The control of prepared policy documents, invoices, premium and data entry in systems
- Ensure that the administrative processes of the international insurance programs are run efficiently and that the respective local policies are issued at a high quality
- Monitoring of the premium flows with clients, broker, co-insurers and reinsurers and send reminders in case of outstandinging premiums.
- You will report to Operations Lead Benelux
We are looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, positive attitude and client oriented
- Willing to learn
- High degree of accuracy
- Fluent in Dutch and English (oral and written)
- MBO/HBO degree
- Experience in the insurance industry and knowledge of underwriting processes is a plus
- Good experience in using IT-systems and MS Office
AXA XL, the P&C and specialty risk division of AXA, is known for solving complex risks. For mid-sized companies, multinationals and even some inspirational individuals we don’t just provide re/insurance, we reinvent it.
How? By combining a strong and efficient capital platform, data-driven insights, leading technology and the best talent in an agile and inclusive workspace, empowered to deliver top client service across all our lines of business − property, casualty, professional, financial lines and specialty.
With an innovative and flexible approach to risk solutions, we partner with those who move the world forward. Learn more at axaxl.com
Diversity & Inclusion
We know that a diverse workforce and inclusive culture enable business growth and are critical to our success. That’s why we have made a strategic commitment to attracting and retaining the most diverse workforce possible, while creating a strong, inclusive culture where everyone is welcome and can contribute and reach their highest potential.
- Named to the Diversity Best Practices Index – 2017, 2018
- Signatory to the CEO Action for Diversity
- Signatory to the UK Women in Finance Charter
- Twelve Colleague Resource Groups around the Globe
- Robust support for Flexible Working Arrangements
- Enhanced family friendly leave benefits
NL Amsterdam Cuserpark
De Cuserstraat 91
1081 CN Amsterdam